Monday 21 April 2014

Life Update Featuring Spider-Man

So I've been working a lot recently at my local cinema and I'm enjoying getting to see all the superhero movies I would normally have to pay for. Our manager assembled a marketing team last month (Which I joined) and we decided to promote the new Amazing Spider-man 2.


We created a window display, consisting of New York (Made out of cardboard boxes), It was a lot of fun an actually looks really cool. On the down-time during some quiet shifts, us marketing team members went off and assembled buildings, or painted them. Having a decent plan certainly helped and the only real obstacle was that we were mostly working different shifts. That and other staff members not-helpfully giving us their input on things.


On the Saturday after Spider-man was released, I volunteered to use an old Spider-man costume I had laying around and then proceeded to work the entire day in it. It was a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed seeing a hero at their local cinema (Even if it was some lanky guy in a cheap £20 costume). I really think cinemas could benefit by doing more events like these and even hiring cosplayers.

 I met at least a few people who had heard about it on the day and come in to visit and watch a film, so this marketing malarkey really works.


From humble beginnings, we really came together. Even if everything apart from the display was last second.



Drawing competitions, photos with spider-man, home-made displays. Not bad for a first outing.







No comments:

Post a Comment