Wednesday 26 February 2014

Breaking Bad: First Impressions

Wow.



Now in more detail; I know I'm a bit late on the bandwagon, but I completely missed the Breaking Bad train when it started, went full steam ahead and finished. Better late than never, I suppose

Anyway, the pilot episode was fantastic story-telling, showing how a chemistry teacher with cancer becomes the perfect crystal meth cook. I honestly think this is the best set-up since I first watched Dexter. Its funny, tragic, witty, bad-ass, horrifying, smart and our protagonist is a Chemisty teacher who starts to cook Meth. Absolutely brilliant.

Bryan Cranston is fantastic as our protagonist who is this middle-aged man having a serious mid-life crisis and almost completely losing it. All the characters which were (perfectly) introduced have brilliant quirks and I can really see them working well together. It's a lovely set-up with family issues, friends in the DEA, douchey high-school kids, people in the drugs circle... I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series and I'm seriously wondering why I left it so long.


Update - 27-02-13 - Finished Season One.

Pretty much my reaction after watching it.

Update - 04-03-13 - Finished Season Two.

Shit sure hit the fan.

Update - 13-03-13 - Finished Season Three.

Good god. I feel that this season dipped a bit, but the finale more than made up for it.

Update - 23-03-13 - Finished Season Four.

Holy fucking fuck. He won. Breaking Bad has some of the best finales.

Update - 23-04-13 - Finished Season Four.

Wow. I can really see why this is so well regarded. Some real masterful storytelling here. Well done, Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment