Friday 10 January 2014

Art Attempts and Writer Woes 2

Another week of trying to sketch a female portrait and trying (Read that as failing) to find a consistent way to do it. I try realistic, I get a caricature, I try cartoon and simple and I get a Frankenstein-ish monster. I guess I’m just going to keep trying out new styles until something clicks. I know I really should read a book like How to Draw or something, but I'm just so... lazy. A part of me doesn't want to look at pretty pictures other people drew, even though it will most likely help. Hmm. Maybe.



Let’s talk about concepts. The most basic premise for a story. I’ve been wanting to start a new story ever since I finished my last one, but have yet to find a premise that I’m all for. The closest I’ve come to getting really excited is doing a story about pirates. Time Travelling Pirates. It’s so far-out that I know it just has to be done, but what have I got? Well, there’s a pirate galleon that can travel through time, all the crew members will be from different places and periods and will get dragged on a quest to stop a someone or something threatening to tear the time-line apart. I love time-travel stories and picturing a pirate galleon appearing at different points in history to steal supplies is a gorgeous mental image. Hopefully, this is something that I will drag out of the concept phase and onto paper. Either way, I’ll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment